GSL is hiring a Program Coordinator for the Institute of Population and Public Health at the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, this position is responsible for the coordination of projects, communication and community outreach activities undertaken by the Institute of Population and Public Health.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. public health, social sciences, law, communications)
- Experience in research related environments
- Intermediate computer skills and experience using MS Office and other relevant software (e.g. survey monkey/fluid survey, project management, communication/knowledge management)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, to work under pressure, to effectively manage overlapping duties and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to attend to detail and display resourcefulness.
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Advanced written and verbal skills in English and French. Bilingualism, spoken and written, is strongly preferred.
- Experience with literature searches and retrievals using electronic database.
- Coordinate the planning, budgeting, implementation and evaluation of priority institute projects.
- Coordinate the development and production of high quality communications products (English/French) for a variety of audiences.
- Design and implement bilingual promotional strategies and related materials to facilitate stakeholder and public engagement and community outreach
- Coordinate and track institute-led project activities and related resources to ensure progress is made in accordance with predetermined timelines
Coordinate the planning, budgeting and evaluation of events, including to prepare invitations, correspondwith speakers, help prepare background materials for distribution, organize catering, and provide other event planning support
- Requirement to work outside of regular work days/hours.
- Requirement to adapt to rapidly changing work environment and shifting priorities.
HOW TO APPLYPlease submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter summarizing relevant education, experience and language skills by September 7, 2016 to: Annie Jones at email@example.com
For more information about the position, please contact: Erica Di Ruggiero at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is the Government of Canada’s health research investment agency. CIHR’s mission is to create new scientific knowledge and to enable its translation into improved health, more effective health services and products, and a strengthened health care system for Canadians. Composed of 13 Institutes, CIHR provides leadership and support to more than 13,000 health researchers and trainees across Canada.
The CIHR Institute of Population and Public Health aims to improve the health of populations and promote health equity in Canada and globally through research and its application to policies,programs, and practice in public health and other sectors.