The International Network for AMR Social Science (INAMRSS) is an open consortium of international academic centers focused on social science research and policy on antimicrobial resistance (AMR). It was initially created to coordinate academic input from social scientists for the Global AMR R&D Hub.
INAMRSS functions as a network of networks, fostering international research collaboration by tying together research leaders from diverse regional, national, and international AMR research centers. The members of INAMRSS have substantial impact on global AMR research and policymaking, with many of the center leaders serving as advisors to their national governments and international organizations. Each member has a compelling story of research work underway to address AMR, which can inform the global response to AMR.
INAMRSS’s founding research centres include:
- AMR Centre, LSHTM, UK (Prof Clare Chandler, Director)
- AMR Research Group, WHO Collaborating Center, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland (Prof Stephan Harbarth, Director)
- Antibiotic Action Center, George Washington University, USA (Prof Lance Price, Director)
- Center for Advanced Studies in Biomedical Innovation Law (CEBIL), University of Copenhagen, Denmark (Prof Timo Minssen, Director)
- Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy (CDDEP), India & Princeton, USA (Prof Ramanan Laxminarayan, Director)
- Center for Infectious Disease Research & Policy, University of Minnesota, USA (Prof Michael T. Osterholm, Director)
- Centre for Law, Medicine and Life Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK (Dr. Kathy Liddell, Director)
- Max-Planck-Institut für Innovation und Wettbewerb, Germany (Pedro Henrique D. Batista, LL.M. Munich, Designate)
- Value-ABP RJ Project, Uppsala Antibiotic Center, Uppsala University, Sweden (Prof Francesco Ciabuschi, Leader)
- VALUE-DX, ECRAID, University of Antwerp, Belgium (Prof Herman Goossens, Director)
- Global Strategy Lab, York University, Canada (Prof Steven J. Hoffman, Director)
- Program On Regulation, Therapeutics, And Law (PORTAL), Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School, USA (Dr. Aaron Kesselheim, Director)
- Social Innovation in Drug Resistance (SIDR); Director, PI of CARB-X; Boston University, USA (Prof Kevin Outterson, Director)
INAMRSS is led by Professor Steven J. Hoffman (Global Chair), Professor Timo Minssen (European Lead) and Professor Kevin Outterson (North American Lead). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if your research centre would like to join the network.